A delicious Raw Vegan Cheesecake recipe!
Oil-free with a bit of maple syrup. You get the sweetness from healthy, whole dates!
It is full of freshness and quite balanced in flavor.
The fresh lemon juice in the cashew cream combines perfectly with the chia and poppy seeds. I guarantee, it will blow your mind!
This vegan cheesecake is a healthy choice when you want to celebrate the small moments of everyday life or your big victories! It is low in calories and has no added oil at all!
The bright-colored blueberries on top give extra freshness, beauty and a healthy dose of antioxidants to the dessert.
Serve it with fresh (or thawed frozen) raspberries to make it completely irresistible!
And you don’t have to use your oven with this no-bake recipe!
Optimized for Great Health and Weight
It is a sweet dessert but still, it’s 99% whole natural plant foods to keep you healthy and trim.
Even made without fattening oil that inflames your arteries and makes your blood viscous and sluggish.
Instead, you get to eat raw, alkalizing almonds that are rich in whole food fats, copper, magnesium, vitamin E and protein.
The dates pack potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, and zinc – minerals which our bodies need so much.
You get B3 and B9 vitamins from the poppy seeds along with some healthy fats.
The chia seeds provide those super important antiinflammatory Omega-3 fats for vascular and brain health.
And berries – berries are micronutrient powerhouses that are rich in antioxidants which are the natural detoxifiers of the body.
Berries also lower the glycemic index of other foods and that means that this sweet temptation of a cake might actually not raise your blood sugar to unhealthy levels, after all!
For the Base
- 2 cups (200 gr) raw almonds
- 9 regular dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp ground raw cacao beans
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 7 tbsp fresh water
For the cashew cream
- 3 cups (300 gr) raw cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp poppy seeds
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup raspberries
- Place all ingredients for the base in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and a sticky dough is formed.
- Spread the dough evenly into the bottom of a round cake pan and press it well into one layer.
- For the cashew cream, place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the nut base and smooth the surface.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- For the topping, combine the blueberries and lemon juice and mash them with a fork.
- Spread the blueberries on top of the cheesecake!
- Decorate with fresh raspberries.
- For the nut base, you can blend the almonds and dates separately and
then mix them together. But I prefer to do it all at once as everything
gets better combined.
- You can soak the cashew nuts for several hours before blending them.
I didn`t have time for this but I found that dry cashews absorb the
added water very well and the cream gets firm well enough after
refrigerated for several hours. (There is no coconut oil or other oil in
the recipe that hardens when refrigerated).