Super delicious pumpkin combined with some raw cashews and raisins topping. Tasty raspberries in between for extra freshness and juiciness! Definitely one comforting and healthy dessert!
This is a plant-based recipe that is so easy to prepare with only whole plant food ingredients that will keep you healthy and trim! This pumpkin dessert is so yummy and ready in just 30 mins. It is also healthy, gluten-free, oil-free, and so refreshing.
This Easy & Healthy Pumpkin Dessert can be served as a sweet delight after a main meal or as an afternoon refresher. Why not for breakfast as well?
Simple whole food ingredients
This Pumpkin Dessert is quite easy to make. It is prepared without any processed foods, it is free of sugar and oil. You need just 6 simple ingredients, which are as follows:
- Pumpkin – I used butternut squash but any other variety will be suitable as well
- Cashews – use plain raw cashew nuts, with no added salt, sugar, or oil
- Raisins – I love the natural sweetness of dried fruits, use unsulphured ones with no added oil or sugar, you can also use dates instead, I usually soak them in hot water for several mins to soften a bit
- Lemon juice – always use freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Raspberries – I used frozen wild raspberries, you can also use fresh ones, they give extra freshness to the dessert
- Walnuts – use plain raw walnuts, without any added salt or oil, can be substituted with any other nuts of choice
Why you should eat pumpkin more often?
- Pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotene, which turns into vitamin A in your body. It protects your eyesight.
- It is highly nutritious, packed with various microelements, like potassium, copper, vitamin A, and C.
- Pumpkin is low in calories and high in fiber, which improves digestion and fights constipation.
- It is abundant in antioxidants that protect your body from oxidative stress, aging and keep your cells healthy.
How to prepare the Easy & Healthy Pumpkin Dessert?
As delicious as it is, this recipe is also super easy and quick.
First, you have to cook the pumpkin. In this recipe, I used butternut squash but any other variety will be suitable as well.
I recommend steaming it. I prefer this water-based technique of cooking as it preserves most of the nutrients in the food. Also, no harmful substances are formed during the cooking process, unlike roasting, grilling, or frying.
Just cut the pumpkin into several large pieces and steam it. Let it cool for a while. To form these round pieces (the size of my serving cups) I used one of the cups. Press the open part of the cup to a larger pumpkin piece and gently twist it to the left and right. Now, your rounds are cut.
Meanwhile, place the cashews, raisins, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and water in a food processor. Pulse until a well-combined mixture is formed. I prefer to soak the raisins in warm water for several minutes. This way they become softer and juicier. And are easily chopped after that.
Now, all you have to do is to assemble this tasty and beautiful dessert.
Place one round pumpkin piece at the bottom of appropriate serving cups. Top it with part of the cashew and raisins mixture. After that, put some raspberries. And again part of the cashew mixture. Finish with some chopped walnuts.
Decorate with raspberries and enjoy!
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below.
This Easy & Healthy Pumpkin Dessert is:
- Free from harmful processed ingredients
- Rich in healthy omega-3s
- High in beta carotene
- Rich in fiber
- So healthy and comforting
- Super tasty and fresh!
Want more healthy plant-based dessert recipes?
If you want to keep your weight in check and stay on a healthy diet, there is still a way to try some of those sweet delights from time to time. Check out these tasty, vegan, oil-free, guilt-free dessert recipes:
- Almond Raspberry Snack Bars
- Easy& Healthy Pumpkin Pie
- Light & Easy Strawberry Dessert
- Vegan Fruity Blueberry Cake
- Quick & Easy Holiday Strawberry Bites Vegan
If you give this Easy & Heathy Pumpkin Dessert a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. Make sure to share a photo with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging @wellnessdove. I would love to see your remakes!
- Cut the pumpkin into several large pieces. Steam it for about 20 mins or until tender. Let it cool completely.
- Using the upper part of appropriate serving cups, cut round-shaped pieces from the steamed larger pumpkin pieces. *see notes
- Meanwhile, place the raw cashews, soaked raisins, lemon juice, and water in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped and well combined.
- Assembling the dessert: Place one round pumpkin piece at the bottom of appropriate serving cups. Top it with part of the cashew and raisins mixture. After that, put some raspberries. Again, top with the cashew mixture. Lastly, sprinkle some roughly chopped walnuts.
- Decorate with raspberries and enjoy!
- To form these round pieces (the size of my serving cups) I used one of the cups. Press the open part of the cup to a larger pumpkin piece and gently twist it to the left and right. Now, your rounds are cut.