Super easy and quick to cook, delicious bean soup.
Truly appetizing and irresistible with its bright green color this soup looks and tastes superb!
It might be a soup but it is actually satiating and nutritious due to the green peas and chickpeas.
Eat it with some whole wheat bread, plain boiled chickpeas or even some really filling buckwheat.
The ChickPea soup can be a side dish or a main meal, it’s up to you!
Great for health and weight-loss!
And for enjoying a great and tasty meal!
Optimized for Health and Weight-loss
Only whole natural plant food ingredients!
This is enough to make any dish perfect for your health and weight.
Instead, you get to eat legumes. They are a great source of plant phytonutrients, proteins, complex carbohydrates, fiber, and minerals (zinc, copper, magnesium to name a few).
There is, of course, lemon, onion, and garlic to pump up the antioxidant content so that your tissues are clean and detoxified.
Also, we have thrown in some turmeric to boost your immune system.
- 1 cup ( 130 gr) cooked chickpeas for the soup
- 2 cups (260 gr) cooked chickpeas for the garnish
- 2 cups (200 gr) frozen green peas
- 20 oz (600 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil, together with the onion (chopped into 2 halves), garlic and green peas. Cook for 10 min.
- Place everything in a blender, add the chickpeas, turmeric, black pepper, salt, lemon juice. Blend for a few minutes.
- Your soup is ready. Serve with cooked chickpeas as a garnish (a cup per portion).
- If you use dry chickpeas, the amount necessary for the soup and the
garnish is 1 ¾ cups (250 gr). Soak them overnight, then boil for about
- You can also use water instead of vegetable broth.
- You can change the thickness of the soup by the amount of vegetable broth/water according to your taste.
- A different option for serving is with croutons or cooked buckwheat or simply whole wheat bread.