This healthy curried tofu scramble tastes amazing and is very easy to make. It uses simple ingredients and is ready in a few minutes. It just might become a go-to recipe of yours!
This quick curried tofu egg scramble makes a healthy, satisfying meal to have first thing in the morning or any time of the day. The recipe is vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, protein-rich, and delicious!
It’s hearty and fresh, with juicy tomatoes, nutritious greens, and a creamy texture that’s sure to please.
- Dietary – vegan, whole food, oil-free, nut-free, gluten-free, grain-free
- Quick and easy to make
- Packed with protein and low in fat
- 7 simple ingredients
- Ready in a few minutes
- Healthy and delicious
- Easy to customize
- Makes a perfect meal any time of the day
In this easy recipe, crumbled tofu is sautéed with tomato and spinach, seasoned with curry powder and other enchanting aromas to create a hearty and delicious tofu scramble.
Here is what you’ll need:
- tofu – firm tofu works best in this recipe. Use organic tofu if necessary. You do not need to press it.
- red onion – dice half small red onion, you can also use yellow onion or green onions
- tomato – you can use regular or cherry tomatoes
- baby spinach – you can use other greens, like chopped regular spinach, kale, other baby greens
- nutritional yeast – adds a savory, cheesy flavor
- spices – you’ll need curry powder, turmeric, salt or black salt (kala namak – it gives the tofu scramble the sulfur smell eggs have)
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Healthy Curried Tofu Egg Scramble
This quick curried tofu scramble can’t beat the simplicity. It’s a great tofu scramble recipe that’s simple enough for every day! Just a few minutes of your time, 7 simple whole food ingredients, and one pan are required!
This curried tofu egg scramble is a great alternative to normal scrambled eggs. It does not contain any cholesterol, while traditional scrambled eggs are high in dietary cholesterol. It can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
Tofu is a great source of dietary fiber and healthy plant-based protein. It contains all the essential amino acids necessary for the body. Fiber plays a crucial role in maintaining digestive health, promoting satiety, and regulating blood sugar levels.
With zero cholesterol and a fair amount of protein in each serving, you can ditch the eggs and do the tofu scramble instead!
This Quick Curried Tofu Egg Scramble is
- vegan ( no eggs & dairy-free)
- whole food
- contains zero chocolesterol
- quick and easy to make
- packed with protein
- satisfying and delicious
- a perfect meal for any time of the day
How to Serve
You have many options here. It goes with almost everything. Here are some ideas:
- Make a healthy meal by combining it with a fresh vibrant salad, like this Cucumber & Radish Summer Salad or this Chickpea Mediterranean Salad.
- Serve with breakfast potatoes and sliced avocado.
- Load it over baked sweet potatoes or Herbed Roasted Potatoes.
- Enjoy it with a slice of bread, like this Easy Lentil Bread, or load it over this Delicious Chickpea Flatbread.
- Combine it with cooked red kidney beans or peas.
- Use it for tofu scrambled tacos, burritos, breakfast bowls, and more!
- Enjoy it with simple vegan pancakes.
How to Store
Fridge: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. It makes a great meal prep for the week too!
Reheat: Simply re-warm on the stovetop over low heat until warmed through, add a splash of water if needed. Or put it in the microwave for a few seconds.
More Healthy Tofu Recipes
- Easy Bean Tofu Scramble
- Vegan Tofu & Spinach Egg Scramble
- Broccoli and Tofu Green Salad
- Tofu Scramble with Roasted Peppers
If you try this Quick Curried Tofu Egg Scramble, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I would love to see your remakes and hear what you think.
- Crumble the tofu with your fingers or you can use a fork. I prefer it a little bit chunky.
- Add all ingredients, except baby spinach, to a non-stick pan. Heat it up and stir constantly for just 4-5 mins, then remove from the heat. It only needs to warm up so the seasoning can release its flavor and aroma.
- Once it's ready, add the baby spinach to the pan and mix well until it softens a bit. Remove from the heat.
- Serve with avocado, a salad, over a loaf of bread. You can also make some delicious burritos with it. Enjoy!