Quick and easy Tofu Scramble recipe!
With only whole plant food ingredients. Super healthy, without any added oils!
This is a fresh and tasty meal, super juicy thanks to the fresh tomatoes and roasted peppers.
The tofu gives a hearty and satiating feel while the turmeric adds a distinct and appetizing flavor.
You might also consider this as a healthier alternative to those scrambled eggs. No cholesterol at all, only healthy fats and a great taste!
Serve with a loaf of whole wheat bread and enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or even dinner!
Perfect for your or your kid’s lunchbox.
Optimized for Great Health and Weight
Tofu is loaded with those healthy plant proteins you need.
You also get onions, garlic, and turmeric, powerful immune system stimulants and loaded with antioxidants to keep your tissues clean and detoxified.
Tomatoes are also micronutrient-rich, especially in the super-powerful antioxidant lycopene.
And parsley, it is regarded as a superfood in some cultures. It is truly nutrient-dense and health-promoting.
Add to that some Omega-3 rich flax seeds to protect your brain and keep inflammation low.
- 200 gr soft tofu, shredded
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 10 red peppers, roasted and chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- several twists freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Water sautè the sliced onions in a pan with ¼ cup of water. Add the turmeric and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Fold the chopped tomatoes, peppers, shredded tofu, salt, and black pepper into the pan. Cook for another 10 mins.
- When it is ready, add the ground flax seeds and pressed garlic. Stir everything well.
- Serve sprinkled with finely chopped parsley.
To prepare this recipe quick and easy use store-bought roasted red
peppers. But if you have time you can roast your own peppers. Just put
them on a baking tray and bake for 30-40 mins to 400°F (200°C). To peel
them easily, place the roasted peppers in a pot and cover with the lid
for 15 mins.