These yummy 5 ingredient almond vegan cookies are rich, decadent, and wonderfully fudgy! They are easy to make with simple whole food ingredients and are gluten-free.
They have the richest, fudgy texture and are easy to whip up in minutes. This homemade almond vegan cookies recipe is super simple, and requires just 5 ingredients and 20 mins of your time.
They are completely dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, and contain no oil or refined sugar.
- Dietary – vegan (dairy-free & egg-free), whole food, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, oil-free, grain-free.
- Quick and easy to make
- Only 5 whole food ingredients
- Naturally sweetened with dates
- Healthier than regular cookies
- Small batch recipe – easily doubled or tripled
- Great for a snack or dessert
- Rich and fudgy chocolate flavor
Simple Whole Food Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make these delicious almond vegan cookies. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- almond flour – I used blanched almond flour, you can use store-bought almond flour or make your own by finely blending blanched almonds. I haven’t tried this recipe with almond meal, but I guess it will be fine.
- cocoa powder – dark cocoa powder is awesome for the most rich chocolate flavor. Raw cacao powder is great too!
- dates – I used regular dates. As long as they are soft and moist any variety works.
- baking powder – works as a rising agent
- vanilla – a dose of vanilla takes just about anything chocolatey over the top! You can use pure vanilla extract or vanilla powder.
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Healthy Whole Food Vegan Cookies
These homemade chocolate almond vegan cookies are a healthier alternative to traditional cookies. They contain no oil, no gluten, and no refined sugar. This makes them lower in fat and calories, which can be helpful if you’re trying to lose weight.
Using dates as a sweetener instead of refined sugar provides a more natural source of sweetness while also providing additional fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
They are made with almond flour which increases their nutrient density as it is high in protein, healthy fats, fiber, and several important micronutrients such as vitamin E and magnesium.
Cocoa powder is a good source of antioxidants and has been linked to potential health benefits such as reducing inflammation, improving heart health, and enhancing cognitive function.
If you’re looking for delicious and easy-to-make vegan cookies, this is the recipe for you! With only a handful of uncomplicated ingredients, you can enjoy warm, delectable chocolate cookies in a matter of minutes.
These Easy Almond Vegan Cookies are
- vegan (dairy-free & egg-free)
- whole food
- refined sugar-free
- made with just 5 ingredients
- quick and easy to whip up
- so chocolatey and delicious!
- rich and fudgy!
How to Store
Let the cookies cool completely before storing them.
Room temperature: These chocolate almond vegan cookies store well in a covered container on the counter for up to 5 – 6 days.
Fridge: They will keep longer if stored in the refrigerator, about 2 weeks.
More Easy Vegan Cookies Recipes
- Banana Breakfast Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 ingredients Coconut Cookies
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy No Bake Cookies
- Delicious Pumpkin Cookies
- Whole Wheat Cinnamon Cookies
If you try these chocolate almond cookies, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I would love to see your remakes and hear what you think.
Easy Chocolate Almond Vegan Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put the almond flour, cocoa powder, chopped dates, baking powder, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Pulse for a minute until finely chopped.
- After that, add the water and blend until smooth dough forms.
- Take a full teaspoon of the mixture, shape it into a ball, and slightly press to flatten it. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 mins. Let cool for a while and enjoy! They will be soft first but firm up once cooled.
- The recipe makes about 4 medium-sized cookies. If you want a bigger batch, just adjust the amount of the ingredients.