Made with just 5 simple ingredients, these tasty, vegan, whole food cookies are incredibly easy to make as they require no baking. They’re shaped like cute little stars, making them the perfect treat for the holiday season.
Welcome to my recipe for a quick and easy dessert that is healthy, vegan, whole food, naturally gluten-free, and contains no oil or refined sugar.
- Dietary features – vegan, whole food, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free
- Quick and easy to whip up
- Rich and decadent flavor
- No baking required
- Just 5 ingredients
- Naturally sweetened
- Perfect for a sweet snack or dessert
- Cute festive star shape
- Perfect for Christmas!
Simple Whole Food Ingredients
These easy no bake cookies are made with just 5 simple ingredients. These tasty treats are the perfect healthy indulgence for the holiday season.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- almonds – use plain, raw almonds, without added salt or oil
- dates – any variety works as long as they are soft and moist. I used regular pitted dates.
- peanut butter – use natural peanut butter with no additives like sugar, salt or oil
- cocoa powder – you can also use raw cacao powder, adds rich chocolate flavor
- vanilla – it enhances the flavor of the cookies, you can use pure vanilla extract or vanilla powder
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
A Healthy Sweet Treat
These easy no bake cookies are a quick and easy dessert that is both vegan and made with whole food ingredients. Plus, they are incredibly easy to make as you don’t even need to heat up the oven.
The main ingredient in these no bake cookies are raw almonds, which are packed with nutrients like protein, fiber and healthy omega-3 fats. Dates provide natural sweetness to the cookies as well as being a great source of important microelements like potassium, magnesium, and iron.
Finally, cocoa powder adds a rich chocolate flavor to these no bake cookies and it is known for its high levels of antioxidants and other beneficial plant compounds.
These easy no bake cookies also have no added sugar or oil. Here healthy meets decadent, without unnecessary fuss in the kitchen and only 15 mins of time, you get a delicious healthy treat.
These Easy No Bake Cookies are
- vegan (no eggs & no dairy)
- whole food
- without added sugar
- healthy and delicious
- quick and easy
- made with 5 ingredients
- require no baking
- a holiday favorite!
How to Store
Room temperature: You can keep these no bake cookies out of the fridge for a few hours or a day or two. But they will start to get soft if it’s warm.
Fridge: Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Freezer: Up to 3 months in a sealed container or freezer-friendly bag. They don’t freeze solid so can be enjoyed straight from the freezer.
More Healthy No Bake Treats
- Easy Vegan Pumpkin Truffles
- Raw Brownie Bites
- No Bake Coconut Balls
- Carrot Cake Balls
- Easy 5-ingredient Oatmeal Balls
- Holiday Strawberry Bites
- No bake Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Coconut Delight Balls
If you try these Easy Vegan No Bake Cookies, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I would love to see your remakes and hear what you think.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend for several minutes into a thick, sticky dough. You may need to scrape down the sides from time to time. (*see notes)
- Remove the dough from the food processor and shape it into a ball. Put it in the fridge or freezer and chill for about 15 mins. (This will make it firm enough and easy to work with.)
- Place the chilled dough between two layers of parchment paper and roll it out with a rolling pin. It should be about ¼- inch (0.5-0.6 cm) thick.
- Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. You can dip your cutter in a bowl of cocoa powder between cutting to prevent sticking.
- Depending on the size of your cutter the recipe will make about 20 cookies. You can eat them right away or put them in the fridge to firm a bit. Enjoy!
- You can also put the almonds first in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Then, add the other ingredients for a smooth and fine texture.
- The total time doesn't include chill time.