The most nutritious bean patties! Chickpeas, lentils, buckwheat and Mung beans are combined all together to create these delicious plant protein-rich patties!
The recipe is plant-based (no eggs, no dairy) with only whole food ingredients. These multi bean patties are tasty, healthy, and free of oil.
The combination of mung beans, chickpeas, lentils and buckwheat makes sure that these burger patties have a rich taste and texture.
They can be quite versatile and we recommend that you make a bigger batch.
Dip them in your favorite sauce such as our Oil-free Creamy Whole Peanut Sauce and you have the perfect healthy vegan dinner.
Take them with you for a great lunch on the go.
Even plain, they make for a great afternoon snack or even protein-rich breakfast!
Optimized for Health and Weight-loss
These patties are made from whole natural plant foods only!
No oil or sugars. This will protect your health and keep you trim and lean.
This is a bean-rich recipe. Mung beans, lentils and chickpeas are an excellent source of zinc, copper, and iron as well as healthy proteins and resistant starch.
The buckwheat and the beans are slow to digest so you are full for longer and do not overeat.
Sesame and flax seeds are rich in essential Omega-3 fats for brain and overall health.
Garlic, onions, and turmeric are immune system boosters and have cancer-protective properties.
You also get your share of B vitamins through the nutritional yeast.
Fresh chili, parsley, pepper as well as the cumin and coriander add to the antioxidant punch of this meal.
Overall, these patties might look ordinary but they truly are a health food!
Prep time: 20 min
Cook: 30 min
Serves: 16-18 Patties
- ½ cup chickpeas, soaked
- ½ cup lentil, soaked
- ½ cup buckwheat, soaked
- ½ cup Mung beans, soaked
- ¼ cup whole sesame seeds, half grounded and half whole
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- several twists freshly ground black pepper
- several twists freshly ground chili pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp ground flax seeds
- Soak the chickpeas, lentils, Mung beans, and buckwheat in plenty of water overnight/12 hours/.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place carrots and onions in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Take them out and put them in a large bowl.
- Put the chickpeas, lentils, buckwheat and Mung beans, along with all the spices (soy sauce, nutritional yeast, paprika, turmeric, fresh garlic, garlic powder, coriander, cumin, black pepper, chili pepper, salt) and pulse until well mixed together.
- Gather up the mixture with the carrots and onions, add sesame seeds, flax seeds, and chopped parsley and mix everything well with a spoon.
- Take handfuls of the mixture, roll into balls and gently shape them into patties.
- Line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper and place the patties.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly red.
- Serve with our Oil-free Creamy Peanut Sauce
- When you add sesame seeds last, the texture of the patties becomes that much crunchier, which is how I prefer them.
- Add the finely chopped parsley also last to preserve its green color and add a fresh feel to them.
- When chopping the beans, you can add some water if the mixture is too dry to make sure that everything is mixed well.
- Add more ground flax seeds to the mix if the mixture doesn’t stick well together.