Super nutritious recipe!
You will love the combination of peppers and lentils. They just taste great!
The lentils give a filling, chunky mouthfeel while the peppers add freshness and juiciness.
This whole food meal will also supply you with the perfect combination of protein, essential fats and complex carbs you need.
No unhealthy oils or sugars are used.
The great variety of seasoning herbs increases the antioxidant level and boosts your immune system.
The Lentil Stuffed Peppers are great for dinner or lunch, especially served with a salad.
Health and Weight-loss Promoting
A whole natural plant foods meal, these stuffed peppers will make sure you stay healthy and trim.
Lentils are full of protein, resistant starch and are a great source of calcium, iron, phosphorus and B vitamins.
Tomatoes are rich in the powerful antioxidant lycopene while the celery, mint and savory are also antioxidant-rich.
The turmeric, onion, ginger, and garlic boost your immune system and keep your gut microbiome healthy.
And those flax seeds provide a fair share of the Omega-3s that you need so much.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 12-13 green peppers
- 2½ cups lentils, soaked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp savory
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp mint
- 1 tbsp celery leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp ground chili peppers
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- Soak the lentils overnight to activate their enzymes and reduce the cooking time in half.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place all ingredients (except flax seeds) in a pot, pour some water just to cover everything and bring to a boil. Remove the lid and cook for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- When ready, add the ground flax seeds and stir well.
- Core the peppers but keep the upper part to cover them later.
- Using a spoon start to stuff each pepper with the cooked lentils and top with the upper part. Then place in a baking dish.
- Pour about half a cup of water into the baking dish and put it in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 40 mins.
- The lentil mixture must be thicker, so you can add more ground flax seeds if it is not thick enough.