These roasted peppers are combined with fresh tomato sauce, seasoned with various spices, like cumin, paprika, garlic. All that served with delicious mashed beans puree.
The recipe is plant-based (no eggs, dairy-free). It is made with simple clean whole food ingredients. This meal is also healthy, free of oil, and gluten.
A super tasty meal that smells like real summer but can be enjoyed all year round!
The tomato sauce is prepared with fresh tomatoes for better nutrition and fresh taste!
Simply fresh and flavourful!
Definitely one of our favorite ones!
A great healthy meal to gather your family around!
Thanks to the mashed beans in it you will stay full for longer!
Serve it as a lunch or dinner idea, sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley and sesame seeds!
Optimized for Great Health and Weight
Only whole natural plant ingredients without processed food, this meal is as healthy as it can get!
No processed oil or sugar, this is a dish that will keep you and your body happy and trim.
The peppers and tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which clean your body of toxins and fight inflammation. The lycopene in cooked tomatoes is an especially powerful antioxidant.
The cumin, paprika, black pepper, and parsley not only taste great but are also rich in nutrients that support your cell function and keep toxic hunger at bay.
Garlic and onions are rich in the super-healthy flavonoids and organosulfur compounds that clean and detox your tissues while the sesame seeds provide those anti-inflammatory and brain-protective Omega-3 fats.
These Juicy & Refreshing Peppers in Tomato Sauce are:
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Whole Food
- Loaded with plant protein
- With whole food ingredients
- Full of flavor
- Great vegan lunch or dinner!
For more healthy whole food meals, check the plant-based recipes below:
- Oriental Oven Baked Chickpeas
- Soft and Chewy White Bean Nuggets
- Easy Vegan No Oil Baked Zucchini Sticks
- Eggplant and Pepper Vegetables Spread
- Easy & Healthy Plant-based Party Dip
If you give these Juicy & Refreshing Peppers in Tomato Sauce a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
Juicy & Refreshing Peppers in Tomato Sauce | Whole Food Vegan
A delicious and fresh Peppers in Tomato Sauce recipe!
Only with whole plant food ingredients. No oil is used!
The tomato sauce is prepared with fresh tomatoes for better nutrition and fresh taste! Thanks to the mashed beans in it you will stay full for longer!
- 8 red peppers
- 10 medium tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ¼ bunch of parsley
- a pinch of sesame seeds
- 3 cups cooked beans
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Put the cored peppers on a baking sheet and bake for 30 mins.
- To peel them easily, place the roasted peppers in a pot and cover with the lid for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes in a pot with boiling water for 2 mins. Take them out and peel.
- Combine the onion and peeled tomatoes in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a pot. Fold in the seasoning (cumin,
black pepper, paprika, salt, and Maple syrup). Cook for about 25-30 mins
or until it thickens.
- Lastly, add the pressed garlic and ground flax seeds. Stir everything well.
- Cut the peeled, roasted peppers into strips and garnish with the tomato sauce.
- Pulse the beans with a pinch of salt in a food processor until smooth. Add to the main dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and some sesame seeds.
- I pour a small amount of water at the bottom of the baking sheet
just to cover it when I bake the peppers, but it is not necessary.
- When you pulse the beans in the food processor you may add a small amount of water just to go easily.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 467Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1098mgCarbohydrates: 102gFiber: 22gSugar: 50gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.