This Oat Balls Soup is warm, hearty, nourishing, and packed with flavor! It requires only simple ingredients and is a delicious blend of flavors that is ready in about 30 mins. It is perfect for a healthy, rich, and comforting dinner or lunch!
This delicious soup recipe is plant-based made with only simple whole food ingredients. It is also healthy, oil-free, and can be made gluten-free. A satisfying and delicious meal!
This is one of the tastiest soups you will ever try.
The oat balls, seasoned with cumin, paprika, and turmeric remind of real meatballs.
You will be surprised by their meaty flavor and texture!
Celery root has a specific taste and aroma that combines perfectly with the other ingredients.
The overall feeling of the meal is just fantastic! Evenly delicious warm or cold, this is a great lunch suggestion!
How to make Healthy Oat Balls Soup
This Oat Balls Soup is healthy, nutritious and so flavorful. It is also easy to make, just follow the 5 simple steps below.
Step 1. Put all ingredients for the oat balls in a food processor. Blend for several minutes until everything is mixed well.
Step 2. Take about one teaspoon of the mixture and shape it into a small ball. Continue with the rest of the mixture.
Step 3. Then, put the chopped veggies for the soup in a pot. Cover with the water and bring to a boil. Fold in the seasoning and stir.
Step 4. After that, add the shaped balls into the pot with veggies and cook for 15 mins.
Step 5. Next, add the vermicelli and ground flax seeds. Cook for another 4-5 mins, according to package instructions.
When the soup is ready, sprinkle some chopped parsley on top and enjoy!
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Optimized for Great Health and Weight
Whole natural plant ingredients!
No animal products or oil to keep your arteries healthy and your figure trim.
Instead, you get to eat oats, rich in minerals (phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron, zinc to name a few) and healthy complex carbohydrates and soluble fiber.
Oats, together with potatoes, chickpeas, and whole wheat vermicelli help you stay full for longer, prevent overeating, and keep you lean.
The spices, cumin, paprika, black pepper, turmeric, parsley are super-rich in antioxidants which reduce inflammation and help the body remove toxins. Turmeric is also a known immune stimulant and anti-cancer food.
Add to that onions which contain antioxidants and organosulfur which detox your cells and prevent diseases such as cancer.
All in all, this is a micronutrient-rich meal and micronutrients help you keep toxic hunger at bay and are instrumental to great health. And only whole plant foods have them!
This oat balls soup is
- Whole food
- Plant-based (vegan)
- Rich in fiber
- So flavorful
- Packed with nutrition
- Great for lunch or dinner
More healthy soup recipes you’ll love
- Hearty Chickpea Broccoli Soup
- The Easiest Butternut Squash Soup
- Creamy Vegan Chickpea Curry
- Healthy Curried Carrot Soup
- Raw sunflower seeds soup
- Sweet Potato Red Lentil Soup
- Cauliflower Couscous Stew
Should you give this Healthy Oat Balls Soup a try, please leave a comment and recipe rating below. Or snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
For the oat balls
- 1⅓ cup (130 g) fine rolled oats
- 1 carrot (60 g)
- 1 onion (60 g)
- 3 tbsp (22 g) chickpea flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) of water
For the soup
- Put all ingredients for the oat balls in a food processor. Blend for several minutes until everything is mixed well.
- Take about one teaspoon of the mixture and shape it into a small ball. Continue with the rest of the mixture.
- Then, put the chopped veggies for the soup (potato, carrot, onion, celery root) in a pot. Cover with the water and bring to a boil. Fold in the seasoning (turmeric, salt, and black pepper) and stir.
- After that, add the shaped balls into the pot with veggies and cook for 15 mins.
- Next, add the vermicelli and ground flax seeds. Cook for another 4-5 mins, according to package instructions.
- When the soup is ready, sprinkle some chopped parsley on top and enjoy!
- You could substitute the vermicelli with any kind of noodles or small pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
- If you are gluten-free, make this Oat Balls Soup using gluten-free vermicelli and gluten-free certified oats.