This healthy nutrient-packed Chickpea Quinoa Salad is perfect for lunch or side dish. It is nutritious, filling and comes together in less than 20 mins.
You’ll need just a few simple plant-based ingredients to make this delicious chickpea quinoa salad. And most importantly it’s another amazing oil-free vegan salad that has everything you need – crunchy, sweet, tart, and juicy.
This chickpea quinoa salad is easy to make, packed with flavor and fresh summer ingredients.
- Dietary – vegan, whole food, oil-free, nut-free, gluten-free, low fat
- High in protein and fiber
- Quick & easy to make
- Ready in less than 20 mins
- Simple ingredients
- Healthy no oil salad
- Make in advance
- Easy to customize
- So refreshing and flavorful
- Makes a great light meal or side dish
For this delicious salad quinoa is cooked and tossed with nutritious chickpeas, colorful veggies and sweet peaches then drizzled with a creamy oil-free tahini dressing to create a flavor masterpiece.
Here’s everything you’ll need:
- quinoa – you can use any variety of quinoa – white, red, or tri-color. I used white. It is gluten-free, full of nutrition and fiber. If you don’t like quinoa you can replace it with other grains like couscous, bulgur, farro, or even brown rice. Just remember that each grain may need adjustments in cooking time and liquid ratios.
- chickpeas – canned chickpeas are quick and easy for this recipe, just rinse and drain them. You can also use chickpeas cooked from dry if you prefer.
- tomatoes – I used cherry tomatoes but you can also dice regular tomatoes
- cucumber – hydrating and detoxifying, adds crispiness to the salad
- peaches – use fresh, just ripe peaches. You don’t want them overripe or they’ll be mushy. You can also use nectarines or even mango.
- avocado – you’ll need one small ripe avocado
- dill – chop some fresh dill, it pairs perfectly with everything.
- nutritional yeast – adds a savory, cheesy flavor
- lemon – needed for the dressing, freshly squeezed is best
- tahini – you will need creamy tahini, look for one that has only sesame seeds listed as ingredients and no additives
Please find the recipe card below for the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions.
Truly Healthy Chickpea Quinoa Salad
This Chickpea Quinoa Peach Salad is a real power-packed vegan salad. It is wholesome, tasty, and oil-free!
This vegan chickpea quinoa salad with peaches is a nutrient-dense meal that offers a good balance of macronutrients, as well as essential vitamins and minerals.
Quinoa is a nutritious whole grain and a complete protein source, meaning it contains all nine essential amino acids. It is also rich in fiber, iron and magnesium.
Chickpeas are another excellent source of plant-based protein, dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They can help promote satiety and support digestive health.
This chickpea quinoa salad is drizzled with and an oil-free tahini dressing. Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds and is a good source of healthy fats, protein, and essential minerals like calcium and iron. You avoid all unhealthy saturated or trans fats used in many salad dressings.
By using whole, unprocessed ingredients like chickpeas, quinoa, fresh peaches, and veggies this salad avoids the potential pitfalls of heavily processed foods that are often high in unhealthy additives, preservatives, and sodium.
This Chickpea Quinoa Salad is
- healthy and delicious
- ready in less than 20 mins
- packed with protein and fiber
- a flavorful summer salad
- can be made ahead
- easy to customize
- great for a light meal or side dish
- perfect for cookouts, BBQs, and picnics
How to Store
Refrigerator: Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Make ahead: This salad is great for meal prep. The whole salad can be assembled a day ahead and stored in the fridge. However, to keep the freshness of teh salad I’d recommend just making the quinoa and dressing in advance.
The quinoa can be cooked 1-2 days ahead and stored in the fridge.
The dressing can also be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in a sealed container in the fridge.
More Oil-free Vegan Salad Recipes
If you try this Chickpea Quinoa Salad, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I would love to see your remakes and hear what you think.
For the Quinoa Salad
- ½ cup (90 g) dry quinoa (or approx. 2 cups cooked quinoa)
- 1 cup (140 g) canned chickpeas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 2 peaches, chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
For the Dressing
- In a small saucepan, add quinoa and 1 cup (240 ml) water, bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce to a simmer for 12 mins. When it is ready, allow to cool for a while.
- Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. You can also chop the tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, peaches, and dill.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl - cooked and cooled quinoa, chickpeas, chopped veggies, dill, and peaches. Sprinkle nutritional yeast and pour dressing over the salad. Toss to combine.
- You can cook the quinoa in advance or use leftover quinoa and then assemble the salad in no time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 Portion
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 506Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 18gSugar: 24gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
More Salad Ideas
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THIS PHOTO: