Creamy in texture and rich in flavor.
The beans, peas, lentils, and corn add freshness, flavor and make the meal quite satiating.
This risotto may be made with whole plant foods but it tastes like a real risotto.
And it has the bonus of being super healthy.
Really easy too.
It is great for a tasty dinner or a great on-the-go meal. We’ve even used it for breakfast!
Optimized for Great Health and Weight Loss
Only whole natural plant foods with a little bit of coconut milk, perfect for your health and lean body.
No oil is used to keep the calories in the healthy ~500 cal/lbs range.
The brown rice is full of nutrition and fiber, unlike the common white refined rice. Great source of phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B1, vitamin B3, selenium, vitamin B6, and manganese.
The mushrooms are one of the most powerful immune system booster and cancer-protective foods.
The beans and peas are also rich in super healthy, natural protein and complex complex starch to keep your body strong and maintain a good microbiome. Rich in zinc, copper, and magnesium as well.
Together with corn, these foods also contain complex carbohydrates – the best source of energy for the body. Slow to digest, they keep you full and prevent overeating.
Then there is garlic – a superfood, rich in antioxidants, organosulfurs and flavonoids! It detoxifies your system, prevents cancers and protects your tissues to keep you younger and trim.
Last but not least, we have added whole sesame seeds to supply the super important Omega-3 fats that protect your brain and reduce inflammation.
- 2 cups brown rice, soaked
- 8-10 Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 3 tbsp frozen green peas
- 3 tbsp red kidney beans, cooked
- 3 tbsp lentils, soaked
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- several twists freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp black unhulled sesame seeds
- Soak the brown rice and lentils overnight.
- Put them in a pot with 6 cups of fresh water or vegetable broth and
bring to a boil. Then simmer for about 30 min or until rice is soft.
- Ten minutes before it is ready, add the frozen corn and peas. Season with salt and black pepper.
- When everything is cooked, add the coconut milk and cooked beans. Stir well.
- Meanwhile throw the sliced mushrooms in a heated pan for 5-8 minutes. Add pressed garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Mix everything together and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
Soaked lentils are cooked faster then brown rice, so you can add them 15 min before it is ready to avoid overcooking.