A hearty, filling and easy to make stew. Vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free.
Super healthy, with only whole natural plant foods that keep you trim and healthy.
No junky sugars or oil to spoil your healthy diet!
The mung beans give the stew a distinctive and jucier feel that we like very much.
Might look a bit complicated but it is not.
Make a big batch and forget about cooking in the next couple of days.
We can’t get enough of this stew, really!
Optimized for Health and Weight-loss
It’s a 100% whole natural plant food dish that by default is the best you can eat.
Mung beans and peasare healthy plant protein and resistant starch-rich, which makes them perfect for your microbiome health.
The beans, peas, corn, and the buckwheat provide a great souce of complex carbohydrates, which keep your blood sugar levels steady, keep you full for longer and stop you from overeating.
The broccoll/cabbage and onions/garlic are rich in isothiocyanites/organosulfurs respectively as well as antioxidants which fight free-radical damage from the toxic environment that we happen to live in.
Mint, savory, paprika, cumin, , fresh parsley, black pepper and Garam Masala, spinach and celery also add to the antioxidant punch of this dish.
Omega-3 and lignan-rich flax seed help protect your brain and fight inflammation.
- 1 cup Mung beans, soaked
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 small celery root, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small potato, chopped
- 2 handfuls of spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup green beans (optional)
- 1/2 cup broccoli or cabbage, chopped (optional)
- 5 Tbsp flax seeds, ground
- 2 Tbsp white Miso paste
- 1 tsp dried savory
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- several twists freshly ground black pepper
- several twists freshly ground Garam Masala
- fresh parsley, chopped
- salt to taste
- Soak the Mung beans in plenty of water for 12 hours.
- Put all ingredients (except buckwheat) in a pot starting with the beans, corn, green peas, carrot, onion, celery root, potato, green beans, broccoli. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 40 mins.
- Meanwhile add the spices savory, mint, paprika, cumin, black pepper, Garam Masala. Use a fork to dissolve the Miso paste in 5 tablespoons of water. Add it to the pot.
- When it is ready, add the minced garlic and flax seeds.
- Boil the buckwheat in 2 cups of water for about 20 min. Leave it for a few minutes until the water is soaked.
- Serve the beans garnished with buckwheat, sprinkle with parsley.
- If you have an instant pot you can simply put everything once at a time for 40 minutes at 212°F and wait until ready.
- You can change the thickness of the stew by the amount of water you add in the beginning.
- You can add more ground flax seeds for a creamier texture. Cashew milk is also an option.
- Wash the beans with fresh water after they have been soaked to prevent bloating and gas.
- Variations: you can add whatever vegetables you have.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 394Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 699mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 19gSugar: 10gProtein: 18g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.