You know the feeling. You look in the mirror and you see your back fat hanging out over your low-waist jeans, or maybe it’s bulging out of a tank top.
It makes you feel uncomfortable and insecure about yourself.
And that can lead to some bad behaviors like comfort eating because we lose our self-esteem when we don’t feel good about how we look.
But there is hope!
Here’s what to do to you lose that unwanted fat quickly!
Stop sitting so much.
Sitting is one of the worst things we do all day, and it makes us lose muscle tone in our core as well as weakens our butt muscles which causes our spine to curve more forward (known as lordosis).
When we sit, we basically stop exercising our backs correctly, our muscles weaken and we start accumulating undesired fat.
This means that to lose back fat, you need to stop sitting so much.
Sitting has been shown to be a risk factor for increased visceral and abdominal obesity as well, in fact, it’s being called “the new smoking,” because of the effects on health over time.
Take a deep breath!
Breathing exercises also help lose back fat quickly because they take pressure off your spine and give you more support for your core.
It’s important to do these often, since breathing properly can help regulate our energy levels as well as improve mental clarity and focus.
Even just a few minutes of deep breathing can have an immediate effect.
Try the following exercises:
- Breath into your full belly, use the muscles in your lower ribcage to expand and contract for ten counts with each breath. This is called ‘diaphragmatic breathing’ or ‘belly breathing’ because it helps you breathe deeply and fill your lungs from the bottom up.
- Breathe in through your nose, counting to five as you inhale; hold for two counts before releasing slowly through pursed lips or pause at the top of inhalation if it’s more comfortable. Repeat ten times. This is a good time to think about what you’re grateful for.
Standing upright for as long as possible during the day.
The more time that you are out of the natural slouching position, the more your back muscles will work to keep you upright.
To maintain a correct posture, you should tighten your abs, pull your shoulder blades together while lifting your chest up slightly and sliding your neck back so that your head is directly over your shoulders.
Pro tip: set a few alarms on your phone to remind yourself to keep good posture!
Get some exercise!
Weight training is a great way to lose back fat quickly (and weight in general).
Building muscle will help keep your spine straight and help you stand upright easier.
You can do it at home with just a set of dumbbells, resistance bands, or even your own body weight if you don’t have any weights available.
Simply start with these simple exercises at home:
- Stretch your spine and pelvic area. Sit on the floor with a small blanket under you head and use it to prop up your chin, extending your neck so that it’s perpendicular to the ground. Put one hand behind your head for support while using the other arm as leverage to slowly push your head down to the floor.
- Take a deep breath and using that arm for leverage, use your other hand to pull yourself back up into sitting position. Repeat this stretches three or four times with each side of your body before moving on. This will help you lose back fat quickly because it releases tension in the neck area.
- Take a deep breath and on an exhale, put your hands behind you in the middle of your back. Push up with both arms while simultaneously pulling down on either side. This will help stretch out the spine and push lactic acid through muscles more efficiently which can result in less pain overall.
Use a foam roller!
When we lose weight, there’s often residual back fat that doesn’t go away no matter what we do.
Using a foam roller after working out will help break down muscle tissue and release the tissue that’s pinching your skin.
- Get on the floor, back to a foam roller
- Roll your upper body over the pad in small circles for 30 seconds before you roll up. Repeat with another section of skin.
Repeat the process multiple times! This will take about 15 minutes total.
Bonus: Your low back and hamstrings will feel much better after this!
Learn to lose weight correctly!
To lose back fat quickly, a crucial step is to start by eating a healthy diet.
This will help you lose weight in all areas of your body and not just on certain parts like your stomach or thighs.
Focusing on whole foods and not empty calories means that if you want a snack, fruit or veggies are best instead of chips or sweets.
A whole food, plant-based diet is a fantastic way to lose back fat quickly.
You’ll feel better and have more energy with this type of eating plan because it eliminates sugar, processed foods, and animal products.
Whole plant foods are also rich in fiber.
Fiber forms bulk which helps us feel fuller for longer periods of time without eating as much food (especially carbs). Foods high in fiber are typically low on the glycemic index as well.
It’s also easy to eat less on this kind of eating plan without feeling hungry! This will help you lose weight in general, as well as lose back fat.
When it comes to losing weight, we often focus on exercising and eating healthy food but forgetting about our sleep can be just as detrimental.
Getting a good night’s rest will not only help your body repair itself from the day or week before but also make you lose back fat as well.
Studies have shown that people who are chronically underslept lose less weight than those who are well-rested.
Sleep helps to regulate hormones in the body that control hunger and feelings of fullness, so when you’re recovering from a sleepless night your appetite is often affected.
You also feel tired all day which can lead to overeating or overindulging in sugary, fatty foods that won’t help you lose weight.
Sleep is essential for good health and to lose back fat quickly so it should be one of the first things you look at when trying to slim down.
Try going to bed earlier and see if your appetite or energy levels have any improvement!
Drink water instead of soda or juice!
This one is another obvious but often overlooked tip to lose back fat.
Water helps flush out toxins from the body and will help you lose weight more quickly than sugary juices or sodas in addition to keeping your skin looking healthy.
Try to drink at least eight glasses of water each day and you’ll notice a difference in your skin, weight, and energy levels!
If you’re struggling to lose weight and get rid of your back fat, we might have the answer.
Our 21 Day Healthy Weight Loss Challenge is a step-by-step guide that will help you make lasting changes in just three weeks—without feeling hungry or deprived!
By following our simple guidelines you will be able to quickly shed 10 to 21+ pounds without counting calories or hours on end at the gym.
All it takes is dedication for 3 short weeks to see real results like getting rid of stubborn belly fat once and for all!
Ready to start?