Hearty and tasty vegan recipe!
A super healthy meal prepared only with whole plant food ingredients.
Works great for weight loss as well.
It is OIL-FREE as well. The flax seeds will supply the healthy Omega-3 fatty acids you need.
These bean stuffed peppers are just irresistible!
The hearty, chunky texture of the beans combines perfectly with the fresh red juicy peppers, creating a unique taste!
Beans are an excellent source of plant proteins, fiber, and complex carbohydrates, giving you a feeling of satiation. They are a perfect food!
Red peppers with their bright color are rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, which makes them a great addition to a healthy diet.
These bean stuffed peppers make a great lunch or dinner idea. Served with a salad they give a complete enjoyment!
Helping you lose weight
This is a whole plant foods meal without any processed ingredients!
Fiber-rich to keep you full without eating too many calories!
Beans are probably the perfect weight-loss food.
They contain resistant starch and complex carbohydrates that are slow to digest, keep you full for longer so you do not overeat.
There is no oil. Oil has the most calories per pound of any food and it is also very quick to digest so you gain weight quickly by eating it.
The ground flax seeds provide a healthier source of fat. They enter the bloodstream slowly and help you lose weight and lower cholesterol.
A Recipe for Great Health
The flax seed is also rich in the super healthy essential Omega-3 fats that are vital for health, especially the brain.
Onions, turmeric and mint are rich in antioxidants that keep you younger and fight inflammation and oxidation.
The beans have a very low glycemic effect, balancing blood sugars and growth factors for sustained energy and great health!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 80 mins
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 7-8 large red peppers
- 3 cups dry beans (500 gr) or 7 cups cooked beans
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 tsp mint
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- If you use dry beans soak them overnight for 12 hours to reduce cooking time.
- Put the soaked beans in a pot, cover with water, and boil until soft.
- To prepare the filling place the chopped onions and carrot in a pot with ¼ cup of water at the bottom and cook for 5 mins.
- Fold in the seasoning (mint, paprika, turmeric, and salt). Stir well.
- Then add the cooked beans and ground flax seeds into the pot with vegetables. Mix everything well and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Remove the tops together with seeds and membranes of the peppers (but keep the tops to cover the peppers later).
- Using a spoon start filling each pepper with the bean and veggie mixture, cover with a top. Then place in a baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the peppers are softened.
- Skip the first two steps if you use cooked beans (this saves a lot of time).