A nutritious and tasty dish that is easy to make as well.
The combination of cabbage and beans makes it healthy and truly filling.
With only whole natural plant food ingredients, this is a dish that cares for your health and weight!
Without any oil or sugar, the complex taste is only due to the natural aromas of vegetables and spices.
Nothing artificial or processed, we feel this dish is a testament of how natural plant foods have the best taste of all!
Optimized for Great Health and Weight
Nutrition is not due to one special ingredient. Whole plant foods provide a myriad of known and unknown nutrients that help us stay healthy and trim.
Since there are no oils or sugars, this dish is truly protective of your health.
The beans are practically a superfood, rich in iron, magnesium, zinc, complex carbohydrates and resistant starch. The healthy starches in them keep you full for longer, suppress hunger and feed the good bacteria in your gut. Overall, you lose weight and gain health with beans!
Cabbage belongs to the family of cruciferous vegetables and is rich in antioxidants, vitamins C, E, K and isothiocyanates such as sulforaphane which prevent disease such as cancer.
Onions and garlic contain potent antioxidants as well as organosulfur compounds. Antioxidants practically are the best detoxifiers and are vital for great health.
The savory, mint, bay leaf, marjoram, and parsley are also nutritional powerhouses, rich in antioxidants, minerals, and micronutrients.
The essential fats are not forgotten and the flax seeds cater to those all-important Omega-3 fats.
- If you decide to use dry beans, soak the beans overnight and then boil them in plenty of water until soft.
- Rinse them after boiling.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Put the cabbage, carrot, onion, tomato, and garlic in a pot with 1 cup of water and cook until tender or about 10-15 min.
- Season with paprika, savory, mint, bay leaf, marjoram, and salt.
- Add the cooked beans and ground flax seeds, stir everything very well.
- Place the mixture in a casserole dish, add about 1 cup of water.
- Bake for 30 min, when ready, sprinkle with freshly chopped mint leaves or parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 443Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1217mgCarbohydrates: 95gFiber: 23gSugar: 39gProtein: 20g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.