Delicious homemade bread with fresh spinach and onion filling. It is so healthy and satiating. The recipe is plant-based (no eggs, dairy-free). It is also oil-free.
A delicious bread prepared with only whole food ingredients. No harmful additives like store-bought bread. Only clean healthy ingredients.
Easy to prepare as well. Its appetizing aroma fills the kitchen and you can’t wait to try it.
The whole grain flour in combination with spinach and onion is truly delicious.
This bread is so tasty, it can be eaten even plain. You can serve this spinach and onion bread with healthy spreads, soups, stews, all kinds of baked meals.
Enjoy it also with one of my healthy, oil-free spreads.
Optimized for Great Health and Weight
This is a rather simple whole natural plant foods bread recipe.
No oil or butter to clog your arteries or increase your waistline.
Whole wheat is rich in manganese, magnesium, zinc, iron, B vitamins as well as healthy complex carbohydrates and fiber.
This bread will satiate your hunger really well and keep you trim and healthy.
The onion and spinach are also rich in antioxidants and micronutrients which help you reduce hunger, remove toxins from the body, and support your health.
This Spinach and Onion Bread is:
- Plant-based (no eggs)
- Whole food
- With wholesome ingredients
- Perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner
For more whole food bread ideas, check the plant-based recipes below:
- Quick & Easy No Yeast Bread
- Easy No Knead Einkorn Bread
- Italian Potato Foccacia Bread
- Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza
If you give this Spinach and Onion Bread a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. Make sure to share a photo with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging @wellnessdove. I would love to see your remakes!
For the filling
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 handfuls of spinach, chopped
- salt to taste
For the dough
- Place the chopped onions, spinach, and salt in a pot with ¼ cup of water. Saute over high heat for 5-7 minutes or until the spinach and onion are soft. When it is ready, leave it aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix the dry ingredients for the dough (whole wheat flour, yeast, salt, and sugar).
- Fold the warm water into the dry mixture. Using a spoon mix everything well.
- Add the cooled spinach and onion filling and stir well until a well-combined dough is formed.
- Line a round baking pan with parchment paper and transfer the dough into it. Sprinkle with some unhulled sesame seeds.
- Cover and leave to a warm place for about 30 mins to rise.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- When the dough has reached twice its volume, bake it for 40-45 mins.
- Let it cool down before eating.