Easy Chocolate Raspberry Mousse recipe!
Truly healthy, it is plant-based and almost oil-free.
Super fresh, filling, and easy to prepare.
The sweet and rich flavor of the chocolate mousse mixes perfectly with the slight tartness of the raspberries.
It has a unique texture that is so soft and gentle.
The raspberry topping is prepared with healthy chia seeds.
This is one healthy chocolatey dessert that will make you feel good.
It makes a great and filling breakfast or snack. Sweet and chocolatey, you will love it!
Enjoy with fresh blueberries or raspberries on top!
A Dessert that is Healthy
This is a sweet, chocolatey dessert yet still is made from whole natural plant ingredients apart from the (small) amount of dark chocolate.
There is no added oil per se which means that you eat almost no empty calories.
Every dessert needs some sort of added fat and we used coconut milk. It is fiber-rich and the fats in it are bound to the fibers meaning that the fats are absorbed slowly into the blood and are used for energy, not stored as body fat.
The chia seeds also give a creamy feel while providing you with fiber and healthy Omega-3 fats that protect the brain and fight inflammation.
And, most importantly, raspberries. Abundant in micronutrients and antioxidants, raspberries detoxify your body, reduce oxidative stress and inflammation and lower the glycemic effect of this sweet dessert.
That means that the simple sugars in the maple syrup and dark chocolate are being absorbed slowly into the bloodstream, making this mousse as a sweet temptation that has no side effects.
Why this Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Mousse is beneficial for you?
- Whole food
- Creamy and super tasty chocolate mousse!
Want more healthy plant-based dessert ideas?
If you liked our Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Mousse and want to stay on the healthier side in the kitchen, here are more of our healthy dessert recipes:
- Quick & Easy Coconut Delight Balls
- Vegan Blueberry Fruity Cake
- Easy Blueberry Energy Bar
- No Sugar, Nut-free Avocado Truffles
If you give this Chocolate Raspberry Mousse a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
For the Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup of water
- 1.5 oz (40 gr) dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
For the Raspberry Topping
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup of water
- 1½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- For the chocolate mousse, place the coconut milk in a saucepan and heat it (but don’t let it boil). Fold in the chopped chocolate and the other ingredients (water, maple syrup, and cocoa powder). Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the mousse into appropriate cups and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until it is firm enough.
- For the raspberry topping, place the raspberries, water, and maple syrup in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Put the mixture in a bowl and add the chia seeds. Let it soak for a while.
- Once the chocolate mousse has firmed, pour the raspberry topping on top and refrigerate.
- Enjoy with fresh blueberries or raspberries on top!
- If you use frozen raspberries, as I did, let them thaw before chopping them in the food processor.