Rich and flavorful sandwich vegan dip with chickpeas, roasted eggplant, garlic, lemon juice, and a great variety of spices! Enjoy it on a whole grain loaf, wrap, or with roasted veggies!
The recipe is plant-based (no eggs, dairy-free). This Chickpea Sandwich Spread is made with whole natural plant ingredients and is oil-free!
Healthy, nutritious, and delicious sandwich spread!
Chickpeas have a high protein content, which will keep you satiated for long.
They are also rich in fiber that provide many health benefits for you.
The great variety of seasoning adds to the high antioxidant level of the spread.
You can roast the eggplant earlier in the day and then have this nutritious spread ready in 5 minutes.
Perfect for an easy lunch or a healthy breakfast. Or just an afternoon snack.
Makes a healthy diet that much easier!
Serve it on a whole grain loaf, top with some fresh veggies of choice, and enjoy!
If you want to go even healthier, serve this chickpea spread with our Easy No-Knead Einkorn Bread.
Great for Weight Loss
Chickpeas are a great source of fiber that fills you up without adding calories. Fiber is also the main signal to the brain that you have eaten enough.
This spread is also rich in complex carbs that are slow to digest and keep you full for the longest!
The garlic, cumin, ginger, paprika, mint, parsley, and sesame tahini are so full of nutrients that your body does not need to eat anything else. Hunger is kept at bay!
No fiberless oils or sugars, which are some of the main promoters of weight-gain, are included in this spread.
Optimized for Great Health
Chickpeas are rich in protein and resistant starch. They act as a prebiotic, keeping your gut flora healthy. Also, because they are slow to digest, you do not get insulin spikes and your blood sugar is balanced.
The lemon juice provides that important vitamin c and electrolytes.
The sesame tahini is rich in healthy Omega-3s, magnesium, vitamin E, among else.
The parsley, mint, ginger, turmeric contain powerful antioxidants that reduce inflammation and oxidative stress i.e. slowing down aging and fighting disease. They are also cancer-fighting.
Why you will love this Healthy Chickpea Sandwich Spread?
- Rich in fiber
- Packed with plant proteins
- High in antioxidants
- Super healthy
- A great lunch or dinner idea
- Tastes amazing!
Want more healthy chickpea recipe ideas?
- Chickpea Eggplant Stew with Sweet Potato
- Avocado Chickpea Sandwich Spread
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chickpea Muffins
- Creamy Vegan Chickpea Curry with Buckwheat
- Quick & Satiating ChickPea Soup
Should you give this Healthy Vegan Chickpea Sandwich Dip a try, please leave a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wrap the eggplant in foil and bake for 30 mins or until soft.
- Peel the roasted eggplant.
- Place all ingredients (except parsley) in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- When it is ready, add the chopped parsley and mix well.
- Serve with whole wheat bread.
- If the mixture is too thick you can add a little bit of water to chop it easily in the food processor.