An amazing oil-free Banana Avocado Vegan Chocolate Cake!
An oil-free plant-based recipe that is super healthy and delicious!
A vegan chocolate cake, filled with fresh bananas, covered with a fantastic raw banana avocado frosting.
So moist inside, generously layered with this nutritious avocado frosting. This is the best vegan chocolate cake recipe ever!
And it is mostly whole food, healthy guilt-free cake! An excellent dessert for any occasion!
Everyone will love it and no one can tell it is so vegan! The taste is exquisite!
What makes this vegan cake so healthy?
It is vegan, for starters.
Only plant-based, fiber-rich ingredients are used that promote health and vitality.
Just a minimal amount of sugar and practically oil-free.
I used avocadoes and cashews instead of oil. And the sweetness comes mainly from the dates, bananas, and orange juice.
And nuts and fruits are super rich in fiber. In this case, fiber is especially important as it slows the absorption of fats and sugars so that you can use them for energy and not store them as fat. Slow absorption also gives your gut bacteria time to convert fructose into glucose since high amounts of glucose on the blood are unhealthy.
In most of my desserts, I tend to use berries. They give a fantastic fresh taste but more importantly, they lower the glycemic effect of sweet foods, making this cake healthier as well as tastier.
The great benefit of using whole food sources of fats such as avocados, cashews, and coconut is that the fats come with so many micronutrients such as vitamins C, E, K, B6, B2, B3, B9, B5, magnesium, potassium, zinc in this case.
And not to forget antioxidants which help your body detox and stay younger.
So, this might be a cake but it is a cake that is healthy as well.
How to prepare this Banana Avocado Vegan Chocolate Cake?
My favorite time spent in the kitchen is making desserts.
I really enjoy myself in the process! And this amazing vegan chocolate cake is no exception.
It is so satisfying to prepare a healthy homemade cake without any harmful, artificial ingredients that dominate store-bought cakes.
This healthy banana avocado cake is made with only pure plant-based ingredients. Just a small amount of sugar is used for the cake and syrup. The raw chocolate banana avocado frosting is made with dates as a source of natural sugars. I just love them!
The end result is a super flavorful cake that is so soft and moist inside and a healthy rich frosting, everyone really enjoys!
Making the vegan chocolate cake
There is nothing tricky or complicated in this recipe. It is a really simple one.
Just mix all dry ingredients with the wet ones until a smooth dough is formed. I love using freshly squeezed fruit juice, like orange or tangerine, as it reacts very well with the raising agents (baking powder and soda). If you don’t have fruits at the moment you can also use water or plant-based milk. But this step is important for the dough to rise well in the oven.
I recommend whole wheat flour as it is whole food and all the nutrition of the whole wheat is preserved, unlike all-purpose flour. It may not rise as much as all-purpose flour does but it is rich in fiber and micronutrients and I will always choose whole wheat.
In this banana avocado chocolate cake recipe, I used only one tablespoon of oil and find it to be absolutely enough. I recommend you use parchment paper for the baking pan as it will be easier to take the cake out.
For the syrup, mix all ingredients in a saucepan and heat it for several minutes. It will boil and thicken very quickly. Allow it to cool. This chocolate syrup is going to moisten and soften the cake even more.
Making Тhe Chocolate Banana Avocado Frosting
One of my favorite frostings! It is so healthy and easy to prepare. Most importantly it is raw and you don’t have to cook it!
This creamy avocado frosting gets ready in no time. Just put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a smooth texture forms.
Refrigerate for an hour until the chocolate tightens a bit and voila! The easiest and tastiest frosting is ready!
It is rich in healthy omega-3 fatty acids that are necessary for a healthy brain function. Sweetened with dates that contain natural sugars bound with fibers, making it slowly digestible. This means your blood sugar levels stay balanced.
This is definitely one super healthy chocolate banana avocado frosting!
Unleash your imagination and do it your way! Use whatever you like most and make it even more beautiful!
I love using fruits! As this is a banana cake, I used bananas for decoration, cut into nice rings. Put some fresh or frozen cranberries between the banana pieces and you have a beautifully decorated cake. Drizzle some dark chocolate over the fruits and that’s it!
You can also use chopped nuts to sprinkle on top or around the cake on the serving plate. They give a nice crunchy feeling.
Why this Healthy Banana Avocado Chocolate Cake is beneficial for you?
- Free of harmful substances
- Super healthy
- Rich in Omega-3 healthy fats
- Has an excellent flavor
- A perfect dessert for any occasion!
Want more healthy plant-based dessert recipes?
Stay in good shape and keep you and your family healthy with more of our plant-based dessert recipes ideas, such as:
- Quick & Easy Holiday Strawberry Bites Vegan
- Easy Vegan Blueberry Energy Bar
- No Sugar, Nut Free Avocado Truffles
- Vegan Chocolate & Walnut Cake
If you give this Banana Avocado Chocolate Cake a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
For the Chocolate Vegan Cake (8-inch)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp (30 g) cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp (75 g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 orange, juiced or ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp flaxseed oil /optional/
For the Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the Filling
- 3 bananas, cut lengthwise
For the Chocolate Banana Avocado Frosting
For the Chocolate Vegan Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C ( 350°F).
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, and brown sugar).
- Stir in the orange juice, water, vanilla, and flaxseed oil. Whisk everything together.
- Line an 8-inch (20-cm) round cake pan bottom with parchment paper and pour the mixture in it.
- Bake for about 30-35 mins.
- Allow it to cool on a baking rack before cutting.
For the Syrup
- Place all ingredients for the syrup in a saucepan and heat for about 5 mins. Stir constantly. Set it aside to cool.
For the Chocolate Banana Avocado Frosting
- Soak the cashew for 1-2 hours.
- Put all ingredients for the frosting in a food processor, together with the melted dark chocolate and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
Assembling the Cake
- Cut the chocolate vegan cake into two even parts. Place the bottom cake layer on a serving plate.
- Spread the syrup evenly on the two layers. You can gently make small holes with a fork so the syrup absorbs better.
- Then spread part of the chocolate banana avocado frosting on top of the bottom cake layer and carefully cover with the lengthwise cut bananas. Spread more of the chocolate banana avocado frosting over the bananas and gently top with the upper cake layer.
- Generously cover the top and the sides of the cake with the other half of the chocolate frosting.
- Decorate with round cut bananas and whole cranberries.
- Drizzle with melted dairy-free dark chocolate on top and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.