Healthy and delicious Sweet Potato Vegan Truffles that are quick and easy to make. A perfect healthy plant-based snack with only 5 ingredients to enjoy any time of the day!
These sweet potato vegan truffles are a powerhouse of nutrients in one delicious bite. They are packed with fiber, carotenoids, minerals, and vitamins. They are refined sugar-free and gluten-free as well.
- Dietary – whole food, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, oil-free, grain-free
- Packed with fiber and low in fat
- 5 simple ingredients
- Naturally sweetened
- Ready in 10 mins
- Soft and tender
- A perfect healthy snack
- Small batch recipe
Whole Food Ingredients
These sweet potato vegan truffles are made with 5 simple ingredients. Here’s all you need:
- sweet potato – you need baked, cooled and mashed sweet potato
- almond flour – I used blanched almond flour, you can use store-bought almond flour or make your own by finely blending blanched almonds.
- peanut butter – you’ll need natural peanut butter with no additives like salt or sugar
- dates – use regular dates. They sweeten the pumpkin truffles naturally and are rich in fiber and minerals.
- vanilla – adds a great hint and enhances the flavor of the balls
- cocoa powder – needed for rolling, any cocoa powder works, adds a nice chocolate flavor
For the full ingredients list, measurements, and instructions, please find the recipe card below.
Healthy Sweet Potato Vegan Truffles
These sweet potato vegan truffles are a truly healthy snack or dessert for you or your kids. This is a great way to ‘hide’ some healthy veggies in a delicious treat.
The sweet potato and dates give a natural sweetness to the balls, instead of using sugar. The recipe contains no oil or gluten. It is as healthy as it is – these sweet potato balls are quite nourishing and filling.
These sweet potato vegan truffles are loaded with fiber, carotenoids, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats.
The recipe is super quick and easy to make – all you need is a few minutes and some leftover baked sweet potato. Just mix all ingredients in a food processor and roll into cute little balls.
No cooking or baking is required – except for the sweet potato. I usually bake some sweet potatoes ahead of time and keep them in the fridge to use in different recipes.
These Sweet Potato Vegan Truffles are:
- vegan (plant-based)
- whole food
- refined sugar-free
- made with 5 wholesome ingredients
- ready in just 10 mins
- loaded with fiber
- quick and easy to make
- a healthy snack or dessert
- soft, delicious and nourishing
How to Store
Fridge: You can store these sweet potato vegan truffles in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week.
Freezer: Store in a sealed container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
More Healthy Snack Ideas
- Strawberry Vegan Truffles
- Raw Vegan Brownie Bites
- No Bake Coconut Balls | 4 ingredients
- Carrot Cake Balls
- Easy Coconut Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
If you try these sweet potato vegan truffles, please let me know! Leave a comment and ★★★★★ recipe rating below. I would love to see your remakes and hear what you think.
- ½ cup (100 g) baked and mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp almond flour (total 62 g)
- 3 regular dates, pitted
- ½ tbsp (9 g) peanut butter
- ⅛ tsp vanilla powder
- about ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- Place all ingredients for the sweet potato bliss balls in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Then, take about one full teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball.
- Gently roll each ball in cocoa powder and enjoy!
- The recipe makes about 10 balls.
- The sweet potato truffles are a bit soft to the touch. Once rolled into cocoa powder they become easy to handle.