Welcome chocolate lovers! This No Bake Vegan Brownie is the perfect chocolate treat for you! It is easy, vegan, soft, and chewy!
An awesome combination of walnuts and chocolate, naturally sweetened with dates. Of course, with a pinch of salt for a flavor burst sensation! This No Bake Brownie is truly mind-blowing!
The recipe is plant-based, made with mostly whole food ingredients. Instead, this brownie is naturally sweetened with dates. It is also gluten-free and made with just 5 simple ingredients.
Rarely a dessert can be nutritious, yet this brownie cake is so!
It’s mostly whole food, plant-based, rich in fiber and fiber-bound fats and carbs.
All that fiber slows digestion, plays a vital role in your body’s detox processes, and fills you up so that you don’t overeat. It’s so nice to have a dessert that will not make you overeat (too much 🙂 ).
Those walnuts are super-rich in inflammation-suppressing and brain-supporting Omega-3 fats. They are also bountiful in proteins, calcium, magnesium, potassium.
And dates… the best way to sweeten a dessert. Not only do they contain slowly digestible, fiber-bound sugars that give you sustained energy but they also are a superb source of potassium to balance the sodium (salt) levels in your body.
I also used cocoa powder to reduce the amount of chocolate in this brownie cake. Cocoa is actually rich in antioxidants and polyphenols that keep you healthy!
All-in-all, this cake is an antioxidant and nutritional powerhouse, super-rich in antioxidants to help your body detox. Especially, if you choose to add berries on top.
Just a few ingredients
As I mentioned above, this healthy No Bake Vegan Brownie is made with only 5 ingredients
- Raw walnuts
- Cocoa powder
- Dairy-free Chocolate
- A pinch of salt
How to make this Easy No Bake Vegan Brownie?
What I love about this Brownie is that it is super easy and quick to prepare. It is ready in just 20 mins and you can eat it right away! Top it with some fruits, like raspberries or blackberries and you have the perfect beautiful quick cake recipe! Awesome!
For the full recipe, measurements, and instructions please find the recipe card below. Also, check the VIDEO for visual instructions!
Making this No Bake Vegan Brownie only includes a few steps.
Step 1: Put the walnuts in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. This will create a smooth and gentle texture of the brownie dough later.
Step 2: Add the other ingredients to the processor until well combined and a sticky brownie dough is formed.
Step 3: Spread the dough evenly into an adjustable cake ring or a baking pan, lined with parchment paper. Press it well into one layer using a spoon or your hands.
Step 4: Remove the ring and decorate with some fresh fruit on top. I used raspberries and blackberries. Refrigerate for 20 mins (optional) and enjoy!
- It is best to use soft dates. If your dates are dry or hard, soak them in warm water for 10 mins. Then, drain the water but keep it.
- Keep the water from the soaked dates and use it for the brownie dough. It preserves their flavors and sweetness.
- If your brownie dough is too thick, you may add 1 or 2 tablespoons more water. So it is well combined and easily chopped in the processor.
- As all ingredients are pulsed in the food processor, the chocolate chunks are warmed and softened. You can refrigerate the no bake brownie for about 20 mins before serving it but this is optional. It is ready to eat right away as well!
This Easy No Bake Vegan Brownie is:
- Whole food
- Plant-based (dairy-free)
- Refined sugar-free
- Rich in healthy Omega-3s
- Quick and easy to make
- Raw & chocolatey
- The quickest cake recipe!
- Deliciously Sweet!
You may also like:
- Easy 5-ingredient Oat Balls
- Raw Chocolate Avocado Bowls
- Easy Vegan Blueberry Energy Bar
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake
If you give this Easy No Bake Vegan Brownie a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Then, add the other ingredients to the processor. Pulse until a sticky brownie dough is formed.
- Spread the dough evenly into an adjustable cake ring. Mine was 8-inch (21-cm). Press it well into one layer using a spoon or your hands.
- Carefully remove the ring and decorate with some fresh fruit on top. I used raspberries and blackberries.
- Refrigerate for 20 mins and enjoy!
- If your dates are dry and hard, soak them in warm water for 10 mins. Keep the water from the dates and use it for the brownie dough.
- If your dough is too thick, you may add 1 or 2 tablespoons more water. So it is well combined and goes easily in the processor.
- Also, check the video for visual instructions.