Only whole plant foods are used that keep you lean.
The combination of pumpkin seeds and chickpeas will provide you with most of the essential proteins, fats, minerals, and vitamins you need.
This is a super nutritious, plant-based dip that will leave you satiated and full.
We prefer to precook the vegetables in bulk. Then you can have this recipe ready in 10- minutes.
You can serve it with delicious whole wheat bread.
Weight-loss and Health Promoting
Most importantly, this recipe is from whole natural plant foods only, which are the healthiest foods that keep you trim.
No oils are used which protects your arteries and blood.
Pumpkin and flax seeds are a great healthy source of Omega-3 fats that are necessary for normal brain function.
Chickpeas are rich in complex carbohydrates and proteins.
This way you stay full for longer with less food, preventing overeating and promoting longevity.
Lemon, garlic, coriander, and basil are loaded with antioxidants to fight inflammation and aging.
- 1 small eggplant
- 3 green peppers
- 2 oz (60 gr) raw pumpkin seeds
- 3.5 oz (100 gr) cooked chickpeas
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup of water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Put the eggplant and peppers on a baking sheet and bake for 40 mins.
- To peel them easily, place the roasted vegetables in a pot and cover with the lid for 15 min.
- Place the peeled roasted vegetables together with the remaining ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Serve with whole wheat bread.
- You might want to peel the eggplant before baking, it could be easier for you.
- We usually bake the vegetables earlier in the day. Then we need only 10 mins to prepare everything.
- When baking the vegetables, you can pour a little water just to cover the bottom of the baking sheet but it is not necessary.