Nutritious yet juicy salad.
This is a salad that is filling and could be your main dish.
Can you think of anything healthier than a salad?
A whole plant food, oil-free salad such as this one.
The sunflower sprouts are a powerhouse for micronutrients, amino acids, and healthy fats.
The fresh turmeric and garlic add to the detoxifying effect of the salad.
It is surprising how filling it is when you eat it as a main dish.
Health and Weight-loss Promoting
The sunflower sprouts are living food that has the most digestible proteins and essential fats.
The sprouts can be easily made in a jar from ordinary, even shelled raw sunflower seeds.
Arugula is rich in potent antioxidants to keep dangerous free radicals at bay and detoxify your tissues.
Flax seeds are lignan- and Omega-3 rich, essential for optimal health.
The addition of beans makes this salad as satiating as it is. Beans are rich in protein and healthy, complex carbohydrates and resistant starch, thus keeping you full for longer, preventing overeating and protecting your microbiome.
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1½ handfuls arugula
- 5 cups sunflower sprouts
- 1 can (15-ounce) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1½ inch fresh turmeric tuber, pressed
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ large lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
- Chop the tomatoes, cucumbers in pieces and put them in a large bowl.
- You can chop the sunflower sprouts and arugula and add them to the bowl.
- Add the beans and the ground flax seeds.
- For the dressing press the garlic cloves and turmeric tuber with a garlic press. Mix it with the lemon juice and some salt.
- Pour over the salad and stir everything well.