Healthy and fresh vegetable dish.
Oven-baked without any added oil for great health and optimal weight.
Truly tasty, though, naturally seasoned with a variety of fragrant herbs that give it an enticing aroma.
The tomatoes, eggplant, and zucchini add freshness and juiciness along with a healthy dose of appetizing nutrition.
Not to mention that it looks so great!
This ratatouille makes a great healthy side-dish or you might eat it as a main meal with cooked red kidney beans, rice, quinoa, or any other grain/legume you may fancy.
Optimized for Great Health and Weight-loss
Healthy food promotes a healthy weight. This is a whole natural plant food dish that will keep you healthy and trim.
There is no oil that will make you fat as well as promote cardiovascular disease or diabetes.
Instead, the eggplant, zucchini, and tomatoes provide little calories but a lot of nutrients.
The onion and garlic are rich in antioxidants, organosulfurs and flavonoids that reduce oxidative stress and inflammation to slow down aging, detoxify your body and prevent disease.
The thyme, dill, and oregano add further to the antioxidant prowess as well as provide important micronutrient which suppresses hunger and boost your overall health.
For those important essential fats, ground flax is added to reduce inflammation and protect the brain.
If you give this Fresh Herbs Ratatouille a try, I’d love a comment and recipe rating below. You can snap a picture and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @wellnessdove and #wellnessdove, I would love to see your remakes!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
- Place the sliced eggplant and zucchini in a bowl. Add pressed garlic, soy sauce, oregano, thyme, dill, ground flax seeds, and salt. Stir well.
- Layer the vegetables in a baking pan, starting with a slice of zucchini, eggplant, tomato, onion. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 50 minutes, you may cover the dish with foil.
- Serve as a main dish or side dish together with some cooked red kidney beans, rice, quinoa or any other grain/legume you may fancy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 226Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1188mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 14gSugar: 20gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.