Irresistible chocolate temptation!
The raw cacao beans give an enticing aroma that pleases your senses.
You get to eat healthfully AND satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time!
Yet these muffins contain chickpeas as a source of proteins and complex carbohydrates, slow to digest and a healthier alternative to other desserts.
Great for breakfast, dessert or a snack.
As muffins go, very little sugar and oil.
Perfect for when you want something sweeter!
Healthy and Tasty
These muffins are practically made from whole natural plant ingredients!
The hero here are the chickpeas. Rich in micronutrients and slow to digest, they make these muffins a health food!
Instead of sugar, I used dates. They are sweet but also rich in fiber which slows the sugar absorption and gives you energy and even helps you lose weight.
The whole cacao beans are also rich in nutrition and their oils are also locked between the fiber. This helps the muffins not to feel dry while limiting the use of coconut oil to a minimum.
I included flax seeds as a source of healthy Omega-3 fats. They reduce inflammation and are vital for healthy cell membranes.
All in all, these muffins will take care of your health as well as they do for your taste buds!
Why these Vegan Chocolate Chickpea Muffins are so beneficial for you?
- Fewer calories
- Without any harmful ingredients
- Rich in healthy plant-based proteins
- Perfect snack for any time of the day
- Super moist and delicious!
Want more healthy plant-based dessert recipes?
If you want to stay on a healthy diet and yet eat your sweets, it is absolutely possible with our low caloric plant-based dessert recipes. Here are some of them:
- Quick & Easy Holiday Strawberry Bites Vegan
- Super Healthy Banana Avocado Chocolate Cake | Vegan
- Quick & Easy Coconut Delight Balls
- Easy Vegan Blueberry Energy Bar
- Vegan Chocolate & Walnut Cake
- ¾ cup (100 gr) cooked chickpeas
- 5 oz (150 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2½ tbsp dark Muscovado sugar or 7 dates
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp (7 gr) baking powder
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ground raw cacao beans
- 2 ounces (60 gr) dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped
- Flaked almonds for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the chickpeas, orange juice, coconut oil and sugar in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl mix the whole wheat flour, cocoa, ground flax seeds, and baking powder.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry one. Using a whisk, blend all ingredients well.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir.
- Line each muffin tin with a cupcake liner.
- Spread equal portions of the mixture into the liners.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds on top.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- The texture is a little bit thicker than the usual muffins.
- The muffins become super appetizing and scented by using ground raw cacao beans but you can also use cocoa powder.
- If you use dates, soak them in water for about 20 mins or more, so they are easily chopped.
- When you use dates, the amount of liquid rises. You can add about
3.5 oz (100 ml) of the soaking water from the dates to the mixture. When
baked, the muffins feel a little bit moister inside.